Four years ago I started to write this blog and it has turned out to be fairly popular and educational source. So I have realized my long desire to assemble this all in one complete book.
So the result is 385 page eBook Latvian History: An Outlineits available to you in this link below:
This is a result of may year long work on this blog. 74 posts have been turned into chapters with selected bibliography and sources. This book is dedication to Latvia’s 95 birthday and all my readers. I hope one day it will turn into printed version.
The chapters in this book:
The Chronology of the main events.
1. The Prehistoric Latvia.
2. Curonians against Vikings. The Tales of Battles and Raids.16
3. The Fortresses of Semigallia.
4. The Latgalians- a distinct Latvians or a different Nation?
5. The Forgotten tribe of Selonians
6. The Disappearing Nation of Livonians
7. The Latvian Mythology
8. Early Latvian statehood and civil order before the Crusades
9. Latvia during the Crusades- an short survey.
10. First Crusaders in Latvia and the founding of Riga
11. The Order of the Brothers of Sword
12. The battle for Daugava waterway. The fall of Jersika
13. The beginning of Feudal order in Latvia 60
14. The Collaboration of Ruler Kaupo
15. Crusade against Curonians..
16. The Crusade in Semigallia and Battle of Saule in 1236
17. The Livonian Order.
18. The Last Resistance of the Semigallians .75
19. The Confederation of Livonia.
20. The Medieval Riga.
21. Medieval Money in Latvia.
22. Latvia and the Hanseatic League
23. Reformation in Livonia.
24. Wolter von Plettenberg
25. The Livonian War
26. Calendar Revolt in Riga.
27. Polish-Swedish war 1600-1629
28. The Duchy of Courland and Semigallia
29. Swedish Vidzeme.
30. Latvian Witches
31. The Great Northern War 1700-1721.
32. Baltic Germans
33. The Jews in Latvia
34. Russians in Latvia
35. Poles in Latviavian Nation.
38. The 1905 Revolution in Latvia
39. First World War in Latvia 1914-1917
40. The Latvian Red Riflemen in the Russian Civil War 1917-1922
41. The Proclamation of the Latvian Independence 18 November 1918
42. Latvian war for freedom 1918-1920
43. The International Recognition of Latvian Independence 1918-1921
44. Latvian parliament and governments 1920-1934
45. Latvian Finances and Economy 1920-1940
46. Presidents of Latvia 1922-1940
47. Latvian Foreign Policy 1921-1939
48. Latvian Army 1918-1940
49. Latvian intelligence services 1919-1940
50. Baltic German Nazis in Latvia 1933-1939
51. Latvian Orders and Medals
52. Karlis Ulmanis Authoritarian Regime 1934-1940
53. Latvians in the Great Purge 1937-1938
54. Molotov-Ribbentrop pact
55. 1939-1940 The Loss of Latvian independence
56. The Soviet attack on Latvian border station Maslenki 1940
57. Litene – The Latvian Katyn
58. Soviet Mass Deportations of June 14 1941 297
59. The Baltic Question 1940-1945
60. Nazi Germany Invasion in Latvia 1941
61. Holocaust in Latvia
62. Latvian Waffen SS Legion
63. Latvian Soldiers in the Red Army 1941-1945
64. The Courland Fortress 1944-1945
65. Latvian Resistance against the Nazi Occupation
66. Latvian National Resistance Against the Soviet Occupation 1944-1956
67. Soviet Mass Deportations of March 25 1949
68. Latvia under the Soviet Union: Politics and economy 1945-1987
69. KGB in Latvia
70. Latvia – Soviet War Base 1944-1994
71. Latvians in the Western Exile 1944-1991
72. The restoration of Latvian independence 1986-1992
73. Modern day Latvia
Right now the book is available for free of charge. If you like this book and whole project of this book you can add a donation by using this paypal link. Most of the work on this site and the book is done without no additional help or funding so I will be grateful for any donation from your part.